11/9/08

Rough Times

Well they say all bad things come in threes. Well that isn't exactly true for Josh and I. It all started in August when Josh lost his job. Then in September I was moved to a new store and business has been very slow especially with how the economy has been. Then of course right before the first big snow storm our garage door broke and it will be $150 to fix it. So we decided to wait till business picks up and I will park out side. During the middle of October we bought a new couch. When we got it home we noticed a big crack in the base. So we took it back and got a new one. Well two weeks after that Josh sat down and the hole bottom of the new couch just popped right off. Then the first week in November my cell phone (aka my life line) screen died and I could not receive my oh so important text messages. Then our dishwasher started to back up.

They also say that every cloud has a silver lining. This is true. After loosing his job he was able to start really looking in to what he wants out of life. The new store is picking up and I am going to be doing a presentation for a mom's group at the end of the month that will bring in a lot of new business for the holidays. Josh, being the great guy he is, when the first snow storm hit he got out of bed when I was still in the shower and cleaned off my car so I didn't have to. We are taking the couch back and we found a better one for less money. My cell phone company sent me a brand new cell phone free of charge. And last but not least, after my impromptu pluming I had to do at my my moms house a little wile ago, I am an expert on taking apart all the pipes under a sink and cleaning them out.

Morel of my tale is that no matter how bad it gets their is always another way to look at it. 

2 comments:

Danette said...

Hey, we are driving straight to SLC. I would love to use the coupns, Carly needs a haircut so bad!! I know you're probably not but we are excited to see some snow!

Pauline said...

Well I am glad things turned out good for you after all.