10/20/08

New Craft!!!

So lately I have really been in to crafting. Don't know why but I have. So it started last weekend I decided to make caramel and white chocolate covered apples with some friends. Well my grandma always told me that you never make candy on a snowy day. Silly grandma I thought. What will a little snow hurt. We started with 15 apples, 4 lb. of caramel and 30 oz. of white chocolate. We ended up with one fully covered apple with stick still attached and 1o apple kabobs (the stick went all the way through it) 2 with wax paper that would not come off and 2 that nothing would stick too. Well had all these really cute bags to put them in. They were supposed to look like witch's brooms. So here is the only one that turned out. Moral of this story: Always listen to your elders they don't just make this stuff up. Humidity in the air will affect the way the candy will set up. 
I also did a candle plate and wall decor for my condo. This worked out great no problems (thanks to my friend Jeremy). I just want some feed back. They are both combinations of a few different ideas. So let me know what you think.

3 comments:

The Lively's said...

Cute Crafts! Sorry about the apples!

The Isoms said...

Very Crafty! I love it! Now I can add you to my blog! It is a fun way to keep in touch!

Peyton and Jayce said...

Beautiful! You are a great crafter!