2/9/09

A reminder of how different our lives were.


So two weeks ago I took Josh to go through the Draper Temple. Now I am currently not an active member of the church but I thought this would be a good opportunity for Josh to see inside a temple. I went through the Timpanogos Temple with my family a while back and I thought Josh might like it. It is just so funny to me the little questions he asked while we walked through it. For instance "Why dose the Baptism room smell like chlorine?" I said "Because they use chlorine in it." He said "doesn't  that make it not holy water any more." I could have died. But then I realized that my whole life I have know about the church and Josh has only been exposed to it for the past 4 years. The next thing he asked was "Where do they get the wall paper for the outdoors looking room? I want that in our house." He really enjoyed it as did I. I loved all the detail in the Bride's room and in the Sealing room. Oh does any one know where the get the lighting cause I looked at Ikea and nothing even comes close. T.T.F.N.

4 comments:

Toni said...

They probably get the lighting from heaven, just kidding. (sorry I could not resist) How fun, Hope you guys are doing great!

Des said...

We took the kids last weekend and it was absolutely beautiful! I loved the bride's room too and the celestial room. That huge chandelier was awesome. I'm glad you guys were able to go.

The Isoms said...

Wish we could have gone to see it! I have heard that it is beautiful! I am glad you guys went to see it!

Pauline said...

We went with Des and Mark and took my Mom she thought it was beautiful as well, the last time she was in a Temple was when she was sealed to her parents when she was about 7 or 8 in the Manti Temple so it was a while ago.